The Downtown Yakima Farmers Market is classified as an essential food business by State of Washington Governor Jay Inslee. Due to COVID-19, DAY has moved opening day of DYFM to May 24th and run through October 11th. The two-week delay provides time to address state mandated COVID-19 safety measures. We are working closely with Yakima Health District, Washington State Farmers Market Association and City of Yakima.
Farmers Market Vendors: For additional information regarding financial support for food and farm businesses impacted by COVID-19, please visit the following sites:
- CARES Act the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act is a package of measures in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The relief package includes $350 billion for Small Business Administration(SBA) loan guarantees along with subsidies and additional funding for SBA resources. – Guide to the cares act
- SBA – SBA Disaster Loans
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act – Employee paid leave rights
- US Chamber of Commerce – US Chamber Small Business Guide
- CDC – COVID 19 Guidance for Business
- YCDA COVID 19 – Business Resources
- WSDA – Regional Markets Program
For additional resources, check the Yakima Chamber of Commerce website.
Information on the Paycheck Protection Program can be found here.